Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Ethics of Beauty.

Ethics play a major role in any business. This doesn't just mean fair wages and good working conditions for employees and not scamming your customers, but ethics are at least somewhat involved in every single aspect of running a business.

I feel that it's my duty to make sure that every decision I make for Vexxy is responsible for my customers, community, and environment.

Vexxy Principles:

  • All Vegan Products. 100% free of animal cruelty and animal by-products.
  • Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I only use recycled paper in my office, and recycle it again when I'm done. I will offer discounts to people who choose to return empty jars so they can be sterilized and used again. I will always opt for a more environmentally friendly option whenever given the choice. Even when it comes to oil use and toxic emissions from overseas shipping, which brings me to...
  • Made in USA. I personally manufacture all of Vexxy's products in my home office in Spartanburg, SC. I do my absolute best to only use components that are also made in America to keep our money in our country and help stimulate the local economy. Some of my materials (particularly some minerals that are only found in certain parts of the world) must come from outside the US, but I do my best to keep these to a bare minimum.
  • High Quality, Good Deal. I am only interested in offering the highest quality products at the lowest reasonable price. My pigments are jam packed with color and absolutely no unnecessary fillers. I'm out to offer makeup counter quality at drugstore prices (most prices averaging out to about $5!).
  • Zero Tolerance for Judgement. I am an avid supporter of GLBTIQ rights (that's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, intersex, and queer/questioning). If your views don't coincide with mine, that is perfectly fine and I respect your beliefs and opinions. However, Vexxy will always be a safe haven for all men and women alike. If you were born as a biological male (or something in between), I want you feel secure purchasing from Vexxy whether you are transgendered, intersex, cross dressing, transsexual, or even just a fan of some hot guyliner. By the way, manly men: Eyeliner on guys is wicked hot. Just look at Nikki Sixx. In fact, I may have to do another blog dedicated to guyliner... I will also offer a "Discreet Shipping" option if you don't want to advertise that you're getting makeup delivered to your door.
  • No Peer Pressure. Women are bombarded daily to be sexier, thinner, smarter, etc. You're just not cool if you don't dye your hair or wear the right shoes or get that perfect smoky eye. Men are also being pressured into sporting six pack abs and a full head of hair. Even working in the cosmetics industry, this infuriates me and I will not condone that kind of behavior. Makeup is about self expression and about making YOU happy. If you are in love with the color blue, throw some on your eyes. Don't do it because the magazines tell you to.
  • Seriously, the Customer Comes First. If you're not happy, then I'm not happy. It's as simple as that. I will do everything in my power to keep my customers satisfied and coming back to me. I will always do whatever it takes to answer questions and ship orders as promptly as possible. Refunds and exchanges are totally cool with me. If you have a gripe, we'll talk it out. You can feel secure ordering from me knowing you'll be taken care of.

I want my products to make you feel good inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment